Thursday 16 February 2012

Last night I spent quite a while on twitter talking to fellow spoonies, it was so nice to be able to talk to people about my illness, but also have a general convo with them too.

I'm so grateful for everyones words, along with those and my supportive family and boyfriend - I feel stronger already.

I've decided to post a photo on this blog, this was on my Grandmas 93rd birthday, three years ago. She is now spending her birthday in heaven as she sadly passed away Oct 2009.
She was and still is the most inspirational person in my family, a big hole was left when she died, who were we to visit? Who was going to sit and talk to us about her amazing life, while we eat her chocolate cakes and drink little cartons of orange juice?
She is the reason that I LOVE photography, she is my inspiration and the reason to everything I do. She managed so much in her life despite illness, she was stubborn and determined - just like me!
I'm going to do everything in my power to ensure I follow her legacy.

I'm sitting her looking through photos from just before she died, she looks so frail. There were some videos taken of her, just in her room talking and probably moaning (she did that well) But I haven't been able to bring myself to watch them yet, after two and a half years. Maybe soon. Photos make me feel close to her, they say a million words! 

I'm going to take her some flowers this afternoon before my hospital appointment, clean up her stone and say a little hello. 
I remember on her birthday we would always take her flowers and Cadbury Roses chocolates - her favourite! 

I remember her every day, but today she is even more so on my mind. 

Forever in our hearts, beautiful Grandma x 

I also have my hospital appointment today for blood tests. I was suppose to go yesterday but couldn't get out of bed, ironic eh! Hopefully that won't tire me out too much as tonight I am going to see my boyfriend play 'Prince Charming' in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs :) It's also our 5 month anniversary today so tomorrow we are celebrating that and Valentines day as I haven't seen him all week, i've been looking forward to it. So i'm happy that although I am not entirely better, I am definitely so much better than I was earlier this week! 

I have spoiled him for presents, because I'm so grateful for him :) 


This was us just recently at a party I managed to go to :) 


Thanks for listening everyone, hope you have a restful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment