Friday 16 March 2012

One thing I've started to do lately is wonder more and more about what things mean, I have always believed that everything happens for a reason - therefore every aspect has a meaning too? 


For example, Magpies are always around me. I never saw them and now - in the last few years, they're always around where ever I go. Unfortunately I couldn't find out much about their symbolism.


Anyway so the latest thing that I wanted to find out is dream interpretations - why last night did I dream of Zoo animals?!


So I did what I always do when I'm not sure..GOOGLE IT! 


One site said: A zoo is a place where animals are caged and bred. Has your heart become like a Zoo? Do you breed animal like qualities such as anger, jealousy and hatred? Alternatively, your dream may represent your good psychological qualities that need to be released. You must decide.  (dreamsleep.net) 


Another said: If you have a wild animal dream that scares or confronts you, look for where in your life you are afraid of taking a risk, or where you are not allowing yourself to feel free or experience something fully because you might be afraid of what will be released if you do. 
If you dream of wild animals, look for where changes are happening, and whether you are resisting them or embracing them. Wild animal dreams invite you to trust your instincts, to discover your own independent source of power, and to understand the challenges and rewards of freedom. (thedreamwell.wordpress.com) 


SO - who would of said my zoo animal dream meant that? Not me..but I tell you - it does make sense to my pattern of thinking lately, probably in more ways than one. 


I won't go into too much detail because, well, it's my life and this is only a blog! But it does make sense to me & I think that's amazing! 
It's mine and Matts 6 month anniversary today, and he is now my longest relationship - a lot of people think just because I am older than him, that I am more experienced, had more relationships and all that - well thats untrue. What I don't talk about a lot is my relationship before Matt, I try not to let it influence my train of thought now but sometimes it creeps in. To me, this is why I can understand the dream symbolism from last night. I'll explain to anyone if they want me to, but I'm not about to write it all over my blog! 


I also think that my dream links in with ME. A lot of people with ME feel trapped, I am trying to learn to trust my instincts - if I don't feel good, then I will put myself first, and not force myself to do something I don't feel good about. I listen to my body but I don't let it control me. 


'not allowing yourself to feel free or experience something fully because you might be afraid of what will be released if you do'  I think everyone can relate to this sentence! So you must all be dreaming about Zoo animals - haha! We are always, always, always scared of that R word, relapsing - because that puts us somewhere we don't really want to be - out of control. 


You may not agree with what I just wrote, but I just thought i'd share with you my dream and its symbolism, I like to think about things a little further. 


So - in the inspiration of my dream, release yourself - don't be scared of ME. You control it. 


and remember. 'everything happens for a reason, you might just not know it yet' 

No comments:

Post a Comment