Wednesday 20 March 2013

Test results!!!!

Finally a step in the right direction...

I have just received my thyroid levels after going gluten free for the last three months, I also got tested for my vitamin D levels too.

Tests show my thyroid is showing symptoms of being over active, meaning I'm on too much medication - my meds have now been reduced to 125mg from 150mg. If you remember my blog post earlier this year, I had found a lot of research that related a gluten free diet to better thyroxine absorption as gluten free diet provides a detox. So although having overactive symptoms is bad, these test results are a positive as I got to reduce my meds!!!!

My vitamin D levels are back down to being abnormally low, so I've been out on a booster course of vitamin D tablets which are a high dose, then a lower dose tablet to maintain and balance my level back out, resulting in me feeling better in that respect too!

The nurse also tested my prolactin levels, which I had never heard of, apparently it's a hormone in my brain, of which that level is abnormally high. Dr says this relates to stress, but I want to look into it further and see how it links with my thyroid.

So although I do feel like crap, have had a roller coaster few months with everything and have been scared because I haven't felt 'myself' - its nice to know that there is reason for it, and I now have the proper tablets etc. to help it regain it's normal levels.
It just goes to show that all this is never ending, but hopefully with experience, I'll get the best knowledge for myself and learn my own body. I have been feeling unbalanced lately - so I was smug when the dr said that I was right!!!

It's also given me motivation to carry on with my gluten free diet, and keep improving my body, levels and thyroid, who knows what will happen after the next set of test results!!!

1 comment:

  1. A gluten free diet benefited me a lot. I do sometimes forget though and eat it... (no!) plus I have a eating issue meaning sometimes I'll just eat anything (no!). Ugh...gluten free for the win. :)

    It is a constant struggle for me to battle the mental health side of my eating...I always feel 213433214 times better if I avoid it. lol

    ReplyDelete